ABI Speech Therapy for Children
ABI Rehabilitation provides specialist speech-language therapy services in Auckland for preschoolers, children and teens with speech and language difficulties. Our programmes support children and whānau to optimise communication for everyday life.
Our experienced NZSTA registered speech-language therapists provide high-quality professional services for children and young people across a range of ages and offer services for:
- Speech and language delays and disorders
- Preschool speech and language
- Unclear speech
- Late talkers
- Hearing impairment
- Reading and spelling difficulty
Speech-Language Therapy Sessions
- Session frequency and duration are based on your child’s needs and are arranged with you.
- Programmes are individually tailored, fun and engaging, designed for your child’s age and stage.
- Home practice, programmes, and education are also provided as part of the sessions.
- Parents and caregivers can book with ABI directly: no referrals are necessary.
- If you have concerns regarding your child’s communication, we are available to schedule an initial consultation to assess their needs.
- Referrals are also accepted by GP’s, other providers and specialists.
For more information about speech-language therapy services and pricing, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The First Visit
The speech-language therapist meets with you and your child, and:
- Obtains background information about your child’s development and current communication needs.
- Administers formal and informal tools via structured activities, play and typical interactions to assess your child’s skills.
- Assesses identified areas which may include oral motor, speech production, speaking, listening, reading, and writing/spelling skills.
- Provides you with the findings and recommendations from the initial session.
- Suggests ways you can support your child at home with their communication development or needs.
- May recommend individual speech-language therapy sessions and will discuss the suggested intervention with you.
This service is offered at ABI Community Services, Auckland’s NorthWest Branch
Please contact us for more information about
ABI Speech Therapy for Children.
ABI Community Services
North West Branch – Auckland
Unit 86, Level 1, Northwest Shopping Mall
Phone: 09 826 4004