Thank you to all friends and whānau for your continued understanding whilst we have COVID 19 restrictions in place. As you may know, Wellington is at ORANGE of the new traffic light system.
ABI will still need to control who is coming in and out of our facilities as visiting ABI services increases the risk of viral spread to all of our clients and staff. ABI does remain COVID-19 free and it is important we do everything to remain this way in order to protect all our clients and staff.
Visiting ABI Wellington – Hospital Drive
Under ORANGE guidelines ABI can support scheduled and planned visits to your loved ones from 2 nominated visitors. Visiting whānau members must be:
- fully vaccinated,
- share their vaccine pass,
- pass a health screening and
- wear a mask at all times when at ABI.
Please continue to prioritise contact by video or phone in preference to physical visits. If you must visit in person, we have adjusted procedures to maintain safety for our at-risk patients in keeping with Ministry of Health guidelines.
If you are planning to visit, be advised of the following:
- You must be prepared to wear a mask at all times. No exceptions.
- Visits, due to staffing resources, can only occur Monday to Saturday between 10am to 4pm.
- Sunday visits can occur in special or compassionate circumstances with prior arrangement.
- You must phone, at least one working day prior, of your visit and book in your visiting time – there will be limited availability. Please call within business hours.
- Visits can be inside the ABI facility, the clients room or outdoors in the garden or courtyard.
- If the whānau visitor or anyone in the visitor’s bubble, present with any cold or flu like symptoms such as; sore throat, temperature, runny nose, cough or shortness of breath or if have had contact with suspected or known cases of COVID-19 or waiting for COVID test results they must inform us and must not visit.
- Visits must be kept to a maximum of 2 hours from arrival to departure of the service, ideally shorter, to allow others to visit their loved ones – exceptions may be made for those travelling significant distances.
- You must maintain a 2 metre distance from the person you are visiting. This means no touching of the person including in greeting or leaving. You must try to maintain a 2 metre distance from ABI staff, other clients or whānau for the visit.
- To book a visit please call during business hours:
Wellington Reception (04) 2370128
The booking process includes answering some health screening questions and agreeing to the process for entry including showing your vaccine pass, screening on arrival to the service and agreement to wearing a mask. This will be done on every occasion.
- Please arrive at the agreed date and time.
It is important you inform us immediately should you experience any flu like symptoms such as; sore throat, temperature, runny nose, cough or shortness of breath or if anyone in you come in contact with is diagnosed as suspected or confirmed COVID-19.
We will keep you updated via the website and our social media pages as the COVID-19 traffic lights change and or the Public Health, Ministry of Health and Government advice is updated.
Thank you for your continued understanding as ABI facilitates visiting in the safest manner possible for your loved ones during this COVID-19 pandemic.