Involves sessions with client and their family/ whanau as required.
Our psychologists support individuals to manage changes to their mood, cognition or behaviour following their injury.
An individual may be seen by a clinical psychologist for a range of reasons including:
- assistance to accept the injury and make adjustments to assist them to recover.
- provide strategies to assist recovery by reducing stress and promote coping skills
- teach strategies to manage changes to mood and improve mood
- provide education to support understanding of brain injury and what has occurred.
- teach strategies to manage anxiety
- managing any changes in behaviour
- working with families to help them to adjust to changing roles in the family